Sunday, May 26, 2013

You Don't Need a Big Act to Change Them

I started to walk and taking public transports since I sold my car. I enjoy to walk and communicate with anyone I met around me even I know it takes a longer time and impossible to avoid hot weather sometimes especially in Malaysia. 


Few days ago as I walk to the nearest bustop from my house, which takes around 20 minutes to reach, I notice that there's few kids playing somewhere near a roadside playground. I know that there'a a lot of poor and homeless people in KK but I never notice that there's some live just near to my home. This morning after church service I had lunch with my church gang, which is our usual fellowship time after Sunday service. Since I can't finish my lunch, I brought back the remain drumstick fried chicken, together with some toy I get from one of the fair in the shopping mall. After that, as usual I follow church bus to go back to the bustop and walk to my house. As I walk back, I finally saw the little toilet sized wooden house the kids live behind a building and there's around 6 of them including their mother. They were playing infront of their house. At that moment, I just walk towards them, passed my fried chicken and the toy I got to the kids, smile and say bye to them. I can really feel that joy inside my heart when I saw them so happy and smile back to me.

For those who reading this, whenever you have a chance to reach out to people who are in need, don't be afraid or shy to approach them. Even a simple smile from you can lights up their world. God bless you all :)

No comments: